Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Is Apple's software quality slipping?

I recently succumbed to the lure of Apple's call when I bought an IPhone, largely because where I work it's difficult to get my mail during the day.
Aside from being locked to their view of the world, a situation that will be rectified very soon when I jailbreak the thing, I was astounded to find that the Apple reputation for thinking of everything and being easy to use falls far short of expectation.
I am a biker and do my daily commute on my Triumph Bonneville so I got a Bluetooth helmet kit and subsequently discovered that the iphone doesn't have an auto-answer function for when the headset is connected. Furthermore, for a touch device not to support handwriting recognition or voice command dialling yet have the processor power to do serious graphics is inadmissible.
I've hadthe thing for a week now and I am getting used to it's little foibles but to be honest, it shouldn't have any!

Posted from my IPhone...

No comments: