Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Vogons are coming (AKA Apple iPhone provisioning profile)

As you may know from this blog, I am a new Apple iPhone developer.
I have been trying for a couple of days to put my new application on my iPhone to test it in the wild and I am finding the process of creating a provisioning profile, the fourteen certificates and the approval steps more than a little tiresome and I live in France so I should be used to gratuitously superfluous bureaucracy.
The docs read a bit like a Douglas Adams novel and I am currently in the process of making some compost out of one of the certificates to hide under my chair for a week. Unfortunately my grandmother is dead otherwise I could have simply fed her to the ravenous bugblatter beast of Traal which would, by all accounts, have simplified the process somewhat.
Ho-hum…

No comments: