Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Finally made the break from Brinkster

I have been a customer of Brinkster since 2000 when I had my first .Net web site on their alpha servers.
Unfortunately this year they sent me a greatly inflated demand with, would you believe, a charge for attack protection and wind-power!!
Jared, I don't give a hoot about whether you use wind power or not. Green power is demonstrably cheaper, or should be if your government was to adhere to carbon cap and trade but they wont. I don't give a hoot about attack protection either. How you secure your infrastructure isn't up to me!
The plain fact of the matter is that I pay for the service of putting my pages on the web. Your service is 11+ dollars per month for a site with no database and no high traffic demand. Twice as costly is twice as costly whichever way you cut it.


No comments: