Saturday, June 15, 2013

Not what I was expecting.

Bizarre day today. I was driving through town and a police van passed me in the other direction. Suddenly a young chap in handcuffs leapt from the back of the van that was doing about 30 MPH. This poor sod hadn't accounted for basic physics or that his hands couldn't be used to save him and he flipped backwards and smashed his head on the road in front of me.
I screeched to a halt and leapt from my van and while others stood around, checked his vitals and started to get pressure on the wound on the back of his head. He was unconcious for a good five minutes and had all the signs of a severe skull fracture, bleeding from ears and eyes etc.
Then the little bugger woke up and started thrashing about. I was worried about his neck and me and another bloke tried to hold him down and keep him still. So the cops who dropped him turn up and asked me why my car was blocking the road. In my most authoritive voice i told cop A to go park my car and cop B to take the handcuffs off the victim. They both said "YES BOB" and did what they were told. So I ended up running trauma team for 20 minutes while a profusely bleeding and ungrateful patient tried his best to paralyse himself. He smotherd me in blood and eventually got packed off in a body splint while I was left to go buy a new and expenive tee shirt. 

No comments: