Saturday, October 13, 2012

Going native?

While I think I'm a reasonably good C# programmer and my .Net skills are second to few I wonder right at this second whether its worth flogging that horse with regard to certain applications that I might write. Notably, I'm wondering about the possibility of jumping the C# ship and using Java-pure for developing on Android phones.

Hell, the syntax of Java isn't scary, I've done a limited amount of Java development before. I might be old but I like a challenge now and again and frankly the bloat incurred by Mono in the Android app space seems to be a bit over the top.

I can't imagine why for example, my app needs to be SEVEN megabytes for two activities that basically use Google Maps anyway??

I intend to play around with it to see what the deal is. Watch this space for news?

No comments: