Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Speech recognition

This is an attempt a speech recognition using the system included with office xp. -, very little of this is said (has had) to be edited by hand because it does a reasonable good job of recognizing my voice even though I speak with a thick English accent.
all use (I used) dragon naturally speaking once before and it is completely unable to recognize me because my accent wasn't American enough this however , is great. whether or not I can type faster than I speak remains to be seen. publish (I wish) it was clever enough to put capital letters at the beginning of sentences (missed period) you can specify punctuation. (hmm it capitalizes after a period) And even , if you feel like it, do things like added (add a) carriage return.

the additions are made by hand in [softwoods, other directions for the mistakes that the speech recognition system might (total rubbish. Try again)

the additions I made by hand, in brackets, (missed "are") the corrections for mistakes that the speech recognition system made. I find I have to denounce your eight (enunciate)more clearly which would be quite destroying (a strain) When dictating along (spoke " a long paragraph" here and it thought it was a voice command)

Well, that's enough for the momentall close (I'll post) again later.

No comments: