Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Oh the shame!!

Ok, I admit it, I'm a child of the sixties. I have grey hair, I'm overweight, I'm nearly fifty and probably in line for a major mid-life crisis. I also work as a software architect on a job that requires that I become intimately familiar with the in's and out's of.. wait for it... VB6! Is it any wonder I am going insane??

Today, my pals at work had a great laugh at my expense. I was quite happy to show them my new pages on my site, yeah, the ones with the Silverlight banners.. and after a couple of seconds, they laughed so hard that one of them fell off his chair.. Seriously.

So my Silverlight efforts are too "bling bling". My site has a 1970's look 'n' feel. My banners are crass and I have no taste in, well, in anything much!

I live and work in the country of my own country's traditional enemy. I speak their language and accept their customs. I even listen to their ever-so twisted version of history with good humour. I suppose that I'll just have to accept the fact that my site is "moche". Anyone want the code?

No comments: