Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Bugs that were reported over a year ago still apparent in Whidbey

I've seen somebody complaining on one of the newsgroups today that a bug that was reported over year ago is still apparent in the PDC release of longhorn. I have just verified myself that there is another bug which I reported over a year ago that has not yet been fixed in the GDI+ Whidbey code. Both bugs are extremely simple defects and in the case of the one which I reported I even told them what line of code to add to fix it and yet it still malfunctions.

The two bugs in question are problem with clip rectangles that don't clip to the correct pixel and a serious memory leak in Region.GetScanRects.

The second of these errors is a serious showstopper because it means to say that you cannot use a GDI+ region to clip a directx surface because there's no way of extracting the region rectangles to hand off to the directX clipper.

No comments: