Monday, August 27, 2012

Recaptcha just getting RIDICULOUS

Several times now I have attempted to sign up for various sites and have come to the conclusion that the recaptcha is going too far. It often takes me five or six attempts to get one right and when the web-page resets all its fields if you happen to get the verification code wrong then it becomes enough of a pain not to sign up at all.

These dudes need to throttle back on the zealous obfuscation of the words because people want users to sign up for their sites. Not be frightened away.

The top image is one I stripped from the very first example on their site. Totally unadulterated.

The bottom one is what it looks like to me...


3 comments:

Fabrice Marguerie said...

Same here. Last time I had to ask ten times for another captcha. This is ridiculous.

PS: What's "funny" is that I had to ask 10 captchas to post this comment this blog, as this blog also uses Recaptcha... When I though I had it on number 9, it was still not ok!

Anonymous said...

I had no clue that the blogs comments were protected by Recaptcha. I'm trying to post as Anonymous to try it out.

Bob Powell said...

Nah, it obviously knows who I am.