Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Should I sue Apple? Should everyone sue Apple?

I broke my iPhone. The glass on the back is utterly smashed because it fell, from a height of less than one meter, onto a tiled floor.

Actually, when you come to think about it, a mobile phone is one of the things in the world most likely to be dropped. It is taken from and replaced into pockets and bags maybe hundreds of times a day. I don't make a hundred phone calls but I do look at mail, send messages, check sites, use maps, scan QR codes etc. etc. all the time.

I had an iPhone 3G which I bought in 2008 and used until recently. My wife smashed her iPhone 4 by dropping it while sitting in an armchair, it fell less than a meter and I had to replace the screen and the back.

Apple, in my opinion, have not made sufficient effort to render their smartphone product robust enough to cope with normal every-day usage. If a car manufacturer built a car that screwed up during normal every day use they would be forced to recall and fix the defective product. I want my phone fixed!

No comments: