Tuesday, December 06, 2011

How long will Samsung support Windows Phone 7?

Phone maker Samsung has been rumoured to be planning a move away from the Windows Phone 7 platform in 2012.

I have an Omnia 7 phone which I recently upgraded to Mango and its a really nice machine. The OLED screen is so much crisper than the iPhone 4's LCD screen and the brightness is amazing being easily readable in sunlight.

As a mill for the Windows Phone 7 platform the Samsung is great with nice processing power and nice sensors. It seems odd that Samsung's war with Apple wouldn't make them more keen to give Apple competition from Microsoft. As I say, this is a rumor for the moment but only time will tell. Personally I would like to see what Nokia have to offer for the WP7 platform in the near future. Sadly no one as offered me a Nokia phone to try out yet (BIG HINT!!)

No comments: