Saturday, December 10, 2011

Winzip loses my vote...

Many years ago, and probably because I was involved with shareware at that time, I registered as a user of WinZip and make donations to support the software. Later, or WinZip became a little more commercial and because I liked to see their success or a continued as a user and bought upgrades to the software.  Unfortunately, since being bought out by the Corel Corp.  WinZip's "fantastic upgrade offers" have become far too frequent and insistent.

It has been some while since I last upgraded the software because I don't use it anymore preferring now to use 7Zip or the compression software built into windows. I'm very glad that the original creators of WinZip managed to sell the company and so, from the point of view of my original desire to donate to them, I feel that they've done well.  However, today I went through the process of unsubscribing from all future WinZip promotions because I feel as though I've lost all allegiance with the product.

No comments: