Thursday, November 17, 2011

Octogig up and running

So my new PC is up and running and currently installing Windows 8 Developer preview in a virtual machine. The VM has a couple of processors and 2 gigs of RAM dedicated to it as the real motherboard board has hardware virtualization and I can't see any difference between running Win8 in a VM as opposed to directly on a machine.

I had a moment of panic when my old hard-disk wouldn't unlock with the Bitlocker encryption key but I discovered that they don't like working over USB very much so I slapped it on a spare SATA cable and now the old disk from Quadratic is a spare drive on Octogig.

I'm really peeved because all this faffing about made me miss out a question on the AI class homework 5. The I was unable to complete the questions. Ah well, Stuff happens...

No comments: