Friday, November 25, 2011

Omnia 7 Vs iPhone 4S

I dusted off the Omnia 7 yesterday and did a full update to Mango including firmware and OS. When I went to bed last night the Omnia had just come off charge and was 100% full. Apart from showing my wife how lovely the OLED display was, I didn't use the Omnia at-all. It wasn't downloading mail or browsing the net.

During the same period I used my iPhone 4S from a full charge which it got at about 11:30 last night. It got my mail several times during the night, I used Siri to text my son and read his replies, I looked up flights to Malmo for a conference and generally messed about with it.

This morning the Omnia is at 76% charge and the iPhone at 92%.  Samsung have some work to do. The battery for the Omnia is too small. The omnia is physically larger than the iPhone and should have more space for a larger battery but it seems to fail the test in a straight comparison.

No comments: