Thursday, November 24, 2011

Windows Phone 7 debugging on the device...

A few moments ago I posted on this blog that I had updated to Mango and that I needed to get the phone registered for development.

Well, That process took all of twenty seconds. I created an Hello World app from a panorama template and uploaded it to the phone where it is working just fine and all in the space of a few minutes.

Contrast that with my initial experience of putting an application on the Apple iPhone some while ago and the difference is clear.

I find myself in a strange situation. I really like Apple products. I also really like Microsoft products and I don't suppose I have a net bias for one or the other (ha ha pardon the pun) but that experience tells me that when one works with Microsoft developer tools, the process of getting the job done is secondary to the process of deciding what you want to do. This is almost the opposite with Apple development where the walled garden approach extends to the heavily fortified and guarded potting shed that stands in the corner of the garden.

I might just be tempted to ressurrect Trakkus now that I have all three platforms to develop upon.

No comments: